Considering a major home renovation, addition, or new custom house? Not sure where to start?
We know you have questions: “How do I know I’m making the right decision? Should I buy a house that needs to be fixed up or expanded, build a new house, stay put and renovate or add on to my current house? What will meet my family’s current and future needs and make sense financially?”
If you’ve never tackled a large architectural project, you may be unsure how to determine the factors that lead to an informed decision. And there are a lot of factors! For example:
- How long do you intend to stay in your current or new location?
- Do you expect your family to expand in size, stay the same or decrease in size?
- What are comparable homes in the neighborhood worth?
- What is the anticipated appreciation? How much capital do you have to invest in the project?
Only you can answer questions about your personal and financial situation. But here’s where we can help you. We can answer the most fundamental questions about your project:
- How much will it cost?
- How long will it take?
- What are architectural fees and services?
- What restrictions will local zoning have on your project?
- Which design approach offers the best value?
We probably can’t tell you what your new or renovated space will look like at this early stage, but we can assess the feasibility of your project in terms of its scope and budget.
Ready for answers? Book a Clarity Report.
Shortcut the headaches and lack of clarity. Sit down with an architect and find out what your options are. Get a realistic report you can use to jump start your project and put you in control.
- One meeting at your home to review your project needs
- Verbal recommendations on layout and design
- A written report to include:
- Scope of work
- Building and energy code review
- Sustainable design strategies
- Preliminary construction cost estimate
- Preliminary ranges of architectural and engineering fees
- Preliminary design, documentation, and construction schedule
- For new construction and additions only: Report includes review of local zoning and storm water management codes
Fees for the report are $1,500 for a project involving new construction or addition(s), or $750 for an interiors-only renovation project. The fee will be credited back to you should you hire us to perform architectural work. The report will be yours to keep and use as you require. Find out if a Clarity Report is right for your project: just fill out the contact form on this page.